If you are unsure about which varicose vein treatment is best for you, you’re not alone.
For those seeking to ease the symptoms of varicose veins, or varicosities, as well as improve the look and feel of your legs, VeinSolutions of Austin and VeinSolutions of Georgetown offers many effective options for varicose vein removal.
Varicose veins appear as thick, knotted structures under the skin due to dysfunctional valves. They most frequently pop up in the legs causing aches and pains, and swelling, along with leg weakness or fatigue.
How do you treat varicose veins?
Most varicose vein treatment/removal is minimally-invasive and can be conveniently done in our clinic with little to no pain afterwards and often quick recovery times (even returning to your office later that same day). The three procedures our board-certified vein specialists perform most include:
- Sclerotherapy (non-surgical): injecting affected veins with a chemical solution causing the vein walls to break down and dissolve, sometimes multiple treatments are needed
- Endovenous Ablation (non-surgical): administering heat via a thin catheter causes damaged vein walls to shrink, seal off the blood flow, and then redirect it to healthier veins
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Surgery: varicose veins are surgically removed using tiny tools and sophisticated technology called venous duplex imaging to map vein structures and pinpoint the most affected areas
Which varicose vein treatment is right for me?
One of the greatest factors in deciding on treatment is the size of your varicose veins. While your physician will determine the best treatment option for you, here are some helpful guidelines to follow:
- Small to medium varicose veins (or spider veins): sclerotherapy is often the best option
- Medium to large varicose veins: endovenous ablation is typically the first therapy to try
- Large varicose veins: minimally-invasive varicose vein surgery may be required for stubborn veins that have not responded well to endovenous ablation or other treatments
With the new year just around the corner, having a plan to effectively treat symptoms and minimize the appearance of your varicose veins is an excellent way to kick off a happy and healthful 2021!
Please visit us here to schedule an appointment with one of our board-certified specialists at VeinSolutions in Austin, or contact us at 512.452.VEIN (8346). For VeinSolutions in Georgetown, please contact us at 512-501-4287.